Tips on how to obtain and set up the HomePod Tool 16 public beta
The brand new HomePod Tool 16 is to be had in Apple’s public beta device program for the primary time, and you’ll obtain it these days. Then again, at its June WWDC match, Apple didn’t disclose any new options coming to the HomePods with the device replace, so it’s most likely all about under-the-hood stuff.
In reality, it’s most likely that any updates are involved in arrangements for the approaching of the Topic sensible house same old — because of arrive this autumn — and fortify for Apple’s all-new House app coming in iOS 16. Along side the Apple TV, the HomePod mini is a hub for Apple’s HomeKit sensible house ecosystem, and a hub might be required for the use of Topic sensible house equipment in HomeKit. So you most likely handiest wish to give this a whirl if you’re testing the general public beta device of the House app in iOS 16.
These days, the general public beta is handiest to be had on HomePod mini audio system. We don’t know but if Apple’s discontinued full-sized HomePod might be up to date to 16. To get the device replace in your mini, observe those steps:
- Join Apple’s beta program, or check in should you’re an present member.
- When you’re signed in, click on at the Sign up Your Gadgets tab within the menu bar.
- Click on HomePod Tool within the checklist of device betas.
- For those who haven’t participated within the beta but, it is important to join your iPad or iPhone and be operating the iOS 16 Public Beta on this type of gadgets. (You can not obtain the HomePod Tool 16 with out an iOS tool operating iOS 16.)
- Upon getting the general public beta in your iOS tool, move to the House app, faucet the House icon within the best left nook, move to House Settings, scroll down, and faucet Tool Replace.
- Sign up the HomePod mini you need at the beta program (you’ll make a choice a number of in case you have a couple of).
- The HomePod mini will replace to the newest beta.
- Toggle on Automated Updates (discovered at the earlier display) to get the newest beta device put in because it rolls out.
It is a beta device program, and as such, you could run into insects or problems. You’ll be able to obtain the Apple Comments Assistant app to publish any issues you come upon. You’ll be able to additionally repair your HomePod mini to manufacturing facility settings the use of a USB-C cable and a Mac or PC should you not wish to take part.